Friday, March 1, 2013

Powerful Image:


I remember watching the Inauguration and every bit of it was just excitement; news anchors, crowds cheering, cars honking, people talking, waiting, smiling and every-bit of movement you could think of. I thought to myself what it must feel like to know that all these people are here for you, just waiting and anticipating the moment they hopefully make eye-contact with the president. If I were him, I thought, I would be a complete mess; how does one man take all that in without exploding with nervousness. But not Obama; through it all he was just poised and this moment captured in the photo was one that touched me. As everything and everyone around him were busy viewing this moment through a camera lens or focusing on something else or walking into the building he stops and stares into the crowd. It was almost like the world froze for him and within that moment he took it all in, like "wow this is for me!" Before he stood there, he leaned over to someone next to him and said, this is the last time I'm going to see this and I could just sense and feel how much in awe he was of the whole thing.
     I thought it was wonderful and it moved me because I always asked if he ever stopped to smell the roses and just realize the situation he was in. If he ever stopped to soak it in and in this photo my question was answered. Lovely! And his family looking back at him is just the icing on the cake.

-Anne

Source: http://www.businessinsider.com/white-house-obama-photos-2013-2?op=1

No comments: