Tuesday, April 14, 2009

SoulTrade




I found this advertisement in TIME magazine, to my surprise, it was actually the back cover. When I first looked at it, this guy, and what they were advertising, stocks, I thought, now why would Americans want to invest in this type of thing at a time like this? I would think that stocks and market would be the last thing on most peoples minds in such an economical crysis. The working class is suffering right now, that's a fact.
The idea came to me pretty easy, the guy in the advertisement already resembled the devil figure, and "Scottrade" is very easily transformed into "Soultrade." I went from there.
I couldn't believe the way that they portray themselves, and the fact that their acting like your doing yourself a favor by contacting them. The truth of the matter is, along with many other corporate companies like this, is that they just want your money. This knowledge is nothing new to most of us, I would almost put it in the category of common sense, but for them, and to the people that this advertisement is aimed at, it is money that runs their souls, so to speak. It is money that is life, and it is money that is important to them. They don't care about what's in your best interest, they want your money, they want your soul!

No comments: