Tuesday, April 7, 2009

It's not the clothes . . .



As I flipped through Cosmo, I noticed this ad for Rampage clothing.  Supermodel Gisele Bunchen is modeling clothing for Rampage.  However, as I looked at the ad, I realized, that I would never look like this even if I did buy these clothes.  It is a complete misconception.  It takes a lot of work and money to look this way.  Gisele is beautiful, but she has some help from stylists, cosmetics, bronzing, various creams to reduce wrinkles, acne, etc., and more!  In addition, she needs to diet and exercise to stay in shape.  And finally, not to anyone's surprise—this photo has been airbrushed and photoshopped!  How great would anyone look if their picture is photoshopped?  Personally, I would like to have my eye brows lifted, lips plumped, and have my body slimmed down a bit.  I purposely did not distort the image of Gisele because I wanted everyone to be able to see her perfect hair (photoshopped into place), makeup, and the highlighted tones of her body that no one has naturally.
  

No comments: