Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Think different Be different



This image is a popular print advertisement by Apple Computer. The print ad depicts a black-and-white photograph of an older gentleman, resting his head on his hands, wearing a contemplative look on his face. The Apple Computer logo and slogan “Think Different” is located on the top right corner of the page. I was attracted to this ad because of its simple, yet well-structured composition and of the starkness the bright logo situated on a dark background emanates.





The image I decided to create as a re-mix to the Apple Computer print ad, depicts myself in a somewhat funky outfit, standing and looking towards the side of the page, appearing to be yelling. I find that my pose, my clothing, and the act of casual yelling are different from the norm. The photograph is also black-and-white, keeping with the same style as the Apple Computer image. Similar to the Apple Computer print ad layout, I placed a logo on the top right corner of the page, with the slogan “Be Different”. This slogan represents the physicality of being rather than the mentality of thinking. The logo is of a fruit basket consisting of pineapples, bananas, pears, and apples. Although the logo contains apples, it still contrasts the Apple Computer’s stylized apple icon.

- Susan L.

No comments: