Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Caroline's Remix


Sorry for the confusing background on this one! I chose this advertisement from a Cosmopolitan magazine. I found it interesting because it seems to be promoting wild and bold make-up, not just because of the colors used, but the movement of the hair in combination with the tiger. The model is holding the tiger close to her, but there has been so much controversy with cosmetic companies conducting animal testing, I found it quite odd. This is what made me want to add make-up to the tiger itself in my piece. I wanted to show the gross reality of cosmetic companies and make the image more honest, in my opinion. Now, this is actually a MAC cosmetics ad, and they do NOT test on animals (but that was not my point; many other companies do).

No comments: