Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Chewbacca Throws 1st Pitch at Red Sox Game


This photo of Chewbacca (copyright: Boston Globe) is very important to me because I set up the media event back in September 2005.  It was my first large public relations campaign that I handled on my own for the Museum of Science in Boston.  Ironically, I had never see a Star Wars film prior to my work on the Star Wars exhibit for the Museum.  I researched Chewbacca costumes and purchased this one.  One of the exhibit designers, Mike Horvath, is the person wearing the costume.  Before the pitch, I brushed him out and hair sprayed the fur into place. Most importantly to me, this photo made headlines around the world and was the most downloaded photo of all time on Yahoo (in 2005, it may have changed over the years)!  I also won a Bell Ringer award from the New England Publicity Club for my work with this event.  This photo gave me a place in PR history and I'm very proud of it. 

No comments: