Sunday, April 14, 2013

Anne Storyboard

I'll be illustrating my piece. I had an idea in class, but, I decided I wouldn't be able to accomplish it with the technology that I have available. I'm going to illustrate a still image to capture a poem by read out loud by Shihan on def Jam poetry. The idea is that as the animation goes on, the drawing will progress on and on. And I really loved the zooming in and out of the images in Sita Sings the blues and thought I could sort of copy that a bit.

The poem is about the love of a man for his women so I wanted to focus on that through an illustration. Because the poem is so strong itself that I don't think much needs to be going on with the animation. I want it to have a scrapbook feel. Like you were flipping through an album of unfinished sketches or something. I want it to be simple and to the point. It's basically a stop-motion drawing in progress. I remember seeing something like this on youtube and really loved it. It was hand-drawn motion story.

Video>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGW1UceJ1to


No comments: