Monday, April 12, 2010

Transformation project



I took the original image (on the right) out of Glamour magazine article from February 2010 on page 149. The article was about the different types of guys and how to approach them- no seriously. I chose the "Coffee Shop Intellectual" because even though this type of guy is supposed to be all about his smarts, the image portray more of a "bad ass" guy. So I thought, what would happen if that was an image of a woman pouring the coffee and looking like she had an attitude?

The collage image on the left, I used Adobe Photoshop to transform the face, hair, and most of the clothing. I left the leather jacket, coffee cup, and book the same to keep the same "message" of an "intellectual coffee shop" girl- with an attitude. The rest of the body and clothing I used images of various female models throughout online ads to give more feminine features. Although I am still debating the message the transformed female figure is giving off, it is definitely not as appealing as the male figure in an advertisement sense.

-Lizz Palmer

1 comment:

Felicia Stanikmas said...

Yeah I feel like the tough chick approach was interesting to take...she definitely doesn't seem as approachable as the guy. Which is interesting, because even though the guy looks like a total jerk there's still something attractive about it. In our culture, it's the James Dean thing and it instantly becomes sexy. With the girl, on the other hand, you kind of want to just turn around and walk away from her. Interesting dichotomy, here Lizz.