Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Games and Representation

Today I followed a great thread about gaming, politics and representation. So just a few links here, to start this out.
First, Girl in the Machine, a blog about race, gender, politics and gaming caught my eye. Lots of great links and articles. Hosted by a straight girl, a gay guy, and a bi girl, the blog talks very opening about gender dynamics in gaming, with the added advantage of being written by gamers (not ABOUT gamers) You can find it at http://girlinthemachine.blogspot.com/


From there I got a link to a game called ICED: I Can End Deportation. The object of the game is to escape deportation from the United States. You can download the game from here: http://www.icedgame.com/ I think the dialogue surrounding the game is as interesting as the game itself, and if you want to read more about it, you can go an article at Joystiq, a blog about gamer culture, to read the various comments.



I could go on, but I'll stop for now..and start playing.

-sam smiley

No comments: