Tuesday, February 20, 2007

A Girl Like Me

This documentary was produced by Kiri Davis, Director, Reel Works Teen Filmmaking, Producer. She worked with Reel Works Teen Filmmaking.

It was accepted into many festivals, including the Media That Matters Film Festival. From the web site more commentary from the producer:

For my high-school literature class I was constructing an anthology with a wide range of different stories that I believed reflected the black girl’s experience. For the different chapters, I conducted interviews with a variety of black girls in my high school, and a number of issues surfaced concerning the standards of beauty imposed on today’s black girls and how this affects their self-image. I thought this topic would make an interesting film and so when I was accepted into the Reel Works Teen Filmmaking program, I set out to explore these issues.



No comments: